Saturday, May 13, 2023

Crushing it!

You may not believe it, but whoever you are out there reading this, you are crushing it!

Maybe you're thinking, "What the hell, Sasha, you don't even know me or what's going on with me or whether I'm crazypants kookoo or totally chillaxed and on top of things!" And the odds are pretty good you're right about that.

BUT!

Is there any other you? I bet not. And that means ...

Nobody's as good at being you as YOU are.

Like, even if someone has practiced and figured out how to do a pretty good impression of you, they've got no idea how to actually be you. (Also, congratulations for knowing someone who would practice doing an impression of you! That rocks!)

And if you're thinking, "My life sucks. I can't do anything right. What the hell do you mean, I'm crushing it?" you wanna know the answer? Just imagine someone you think has a way easier time of things than you do and seems to do a way better job of things than you do ...

What if they were suddenly you -- including having all those downer feelings about themselves? I'm betting they'd suck at being you! They couldn't take it!

You've got a shit-ton more practice at being you than they'll ever have, and as far as people who seem to have an easy time of stuff? Guess what! Probably the thing they have the easiest time of is hiding all the things they have a hard time at. They've figured out their sweet spots and how to show those off, but if they suddenly had to be you? They'd totally freak.

And if you're reading this and thinking, "Damn, girl, missed me by a mile! I don't think any of that depresso-bummer stuff about myself," then like I said ... you're crushing it!

Anyway, if you needed this pep-talk and now you realize that you're the best person at being you that there ever could be ... time to CRUSH IT HARDER!

(p.s., my girlfriend Claire is a zillion times better at writing this kind of peppy stuff than I am, but you know what? Doesn't matter! I still CRUSHED it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

WhamBamShazam-iversary!

I'm a few days late blogging about this, but hot damn, did we ever have a fantastic anniversary! This place is cram-packed with annivers...