Saturday, June 4, 2022

Dungeons and Dragons Dammit!

Okay, folks, it's happening. We've played Dungeon Crawl Classics. We've played Broken Worlds. We've played Mothership. Now we're actually going to play THE roleplaying game, Dungeons and Dragons!

I mean, technically not really, but I'm counting it.

It's actually some kinda authorized knockoff game that uses the exact rules from the old days of Dungeons and Dragons (totally before I was born!), but it's the exact rules, so come on. How am I going to play the exact rules of Dungeons and Dragons and not call it Dungeons and Dragons?And have you looked at those original rules? Because the Boyfriend found a PDF of them online and ... whooo-eee, ugly! Like, such bad typography and layout! So badly organized!

The knockoff is way better.

Anyhow, we were trying to figure out if we were actually going to play it, and that meant we had to try and figure out who would be the Dungeon Master, and I was like, Yaaas! ME!

All those other games have their own names for the Dungeon Master and none of them is as cool as "Dungeon Master."

Who could seriously expect me to play using the exact rules of Dungeons and Dragons and call it something else and have the person in charge be called the "Referee"???

No. Revolution time, suckers! I depose you, knockoff name of knockoff game! We're saying "Dungeons and Dragons" and "Dungeon Master" and since I'm the one in charge, who's gonna stop me?

So. D&D. It's on.

Maybe I'll even blog about how it goes.

Wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WhamBamShazam-iversary!

I'm a few days late blogging about this, but hot damn, did we ever have a fantastic anniversary! This place is cram-packed with annivers...